- Publication Ethics Policy
Publication Ethics Policy
Journal Publication Ethics Policy
- This policy serves the purpose of ensuring the best publishing practices for everyone involved in the scholarly publishing process. The Journal Editorial Committee is responsible to review and amend this policy from time to time as deem fit and reasonably to do so, on basis of changes in the regulations, laws and other related policies.
- The core entity such as UNIMAS Publisher, journal editors and board members, authors and reviewers involved in the scholarly publishing process are responsible for promoting integrity in scientific publishing. It is necessary to agree upon the standards of ethical behaviour for all stakeholders involved in the journal articles publishing.
- This policy includes roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders, publication ethics, biosecurity, animal/human use and research permit, disclosure and conflict of interest, reporting research funding, peer-reviewing process, editorial independence, copyright issues, authorship, publication misconducts/fraud/plagiarism, article retraction, clarification or correction, etc.
- This policy also serves as provision for action if in rare cases when publication ethical issues or misconduct be encountered. UNIMAS Publisher appoints journal ethics advisor and panels to investigate any suspected publication misconducts and provides solution of these cases if allegations of misconducts are brought to the attention by the Chief Editors.
- The publication ethical and malpractice statements are made with reference from the Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
- The full document of the policy can be downloaded here: UNIMAS Journal Publication Ethics Policy
- This policy is approved by the UNIMAS SENATE on 19 July 2018. This policy is subjected to be amended and revised from time to time based on regulation and rules and as the university deem fit to do so.